CAS RN: 65-61-2 | Product Number: A3396
Acridine Orange Solution [for Cell Staining]
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
Volume : 5 mL
Product Form : 0.05 mg/mL solution
Acridine orange is a nucleic acid staining dye for staining dead cells. It is incorporated into double-stranded DNA at a ratio of one to three base pairs and emits green fluorescence (Ex: 500 nm, Em: 520 nm). It also emits red fluorescence (Ex: 460 nm, Em: 650 nm) when bound to RNA or single-stranded DNA. Because acridine orange is mutagenic, this product is supplied as a solution that prevents splashes during weighing.
Direction for Use
Please adjust staining time and volume according to cells. Because some cells need to be fixed separately, preliminary tests should be performed.
1. Remove medium from a plate of cultured cells and wash cells twice with cold PBS(-).
2. Remove PBS(-) and add PBS(-) and Acridine Orange solution (Product No. A3396) in 1/50th of a volume of PBS(-) to the plate and stain for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the staining solution and wash twice with PBS(-).
4. Add PBS(-) and observation with a fluorescence microscope.
Upon receipt the product should be stored at 4 °C, protected from light and used within 6 months.
R0195 Resazurin (Ready-to-use solution) [for Cell proliferation assay]
R0246 RIPA Buffer (Ready-to-use) [for Protein extraction]
O0483 Oil Red O [for Biochemical Research]
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__7H__1__9N__3·HCl = 301.82|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Liquid|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive,Heat Sensitive|
|Appearance||Light yellow to Brown clear liquid|
|DNA staining test||to pass test|
- The frequencies of micronuclei induced by cisplatin in newborn rat astrocytes are increased by 50-Hz, 7.5- and 10-mT electromagnetic fields
- Nucleolus-like bodies of fully-grown mouse oocytes contain key nucleolar proteins but are impoverished for rRNA
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.