CAS RN: 51-55-8 | Product Number: A0754
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
|Purity / Analysis Method||>99.0%(T)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__7H__2__3NO__3 = 289.38|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive,Air Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||91256|
|PubChem Substance ID||87562295|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||7817|
|Merck Index (14)||875|
|Melting Point||116 °C|
|Solubility in water||Practically insoluble|
|Degree of solubility in water||2.2 g/l 25 °C|
|Solubility (very soluble in)||Chloroform,Ethanol|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Methanol,Benzene|
|Hazard Statements||H300 + H330 : Fatal if swallowed or if inhaled.
|Precautionary Statements||P260 : Do not breathe dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapours/ spray.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P284 : Wear respiratory protection.
P301 + P310 + P330 : IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Rinse mouth.
P304 + P340 + P310 : IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
P403 + P233 : Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
Atropine is a competitive antagonist of muscarine-like actions of acetylcholine and is therefore classified as an antimuscarinic agent. Atropine does not distinguish among the M1, M2, and M3 subgroups of muscarinic receptors. Atropine inhibits the action of acetylcholine at postganglionic nerve endings, thus affecting receptors of the exocrine glands, smooth muscle, cardiac muscle and the central nervous system. (The product is for research purpose only.)
- Muscarinic antagonists in development for disorders of smooth muscle function (a review)
- Atropine (a review on the chemical and physical properties, isolation, synthesis, methods of analysis, and pharmacology of atropine)
- High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of atropine and atropine-like alkaloids in pharmaceutical preparations with indirect conductometric detection
- Determination of atropine in pharmaceutical preparations by liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection
- Analysis of atropine, its degradation products and related substances of natural origin by means of reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.