Next-Generation Carbon Material with Infinite Potential:
• New carbon material synthesized for the first time in 2017 after over 60 years of challenges.
• Rigid belt structure with 12 fully fused benzene rings
• Partial structure of armchair-type carbon nanotube (CNT)
• (6,6)Carbon Nanobelt has properties similar to (6,6)CNT
• Red light emission: λem = 630 nm (λex = 500 nm in CH2Cl2)
Nature "Spotlight on Nanocarbon Technology in Japan"
(This article is published in the December 7th 2017 issue of Nature. This is an advertisement feature and the advertiser retains sole responsibility for the content.)