Bidendate Carbene Ligands Forming Various Transition Metal Complexes
3,3'-Methylenebis(1-tert-butyl-3-imidazolium bromide) (1) and 3,3'-methylenebis[1-(2,6-diisopropylphenyl)-3-imidazolium bromide] (2) are bidendate N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC) ligands, which form various transition metal complexes. For example, 1 generates a carbene complex with palladium(II) acetate, and shows catalytic activities in Heck couplings and Suzuki couplings.1) Similarly, a palladium complex of 2, bearing 2,6-diisopropylphenyl groups on NHC nitrogen atoms, can be applied to Suzuki coupling.2) Since these ligands can complex with not only palladium but also other transition metals like platinum,3) rhodium,4) nickel5) and chromium,6) the study of their catalytic activities is expected in the future.
- 1)1,1'-Methylene-3,3'-bis[(N-(tert-butyl)imidazol-2-ylidene] and Its Effect in Palladium-catalyzed C–C Coupling
- 2)Palladium(II) Complexes with Chelating Biscarbene Ligands in the Catalytic Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-coupling Reaction
- 3)Synthesis and Reactivity of Platinum(II) cis-Dialkyl, cis-Alkyl Chloro, and cis-Alkyl Hydrido Bis-N-heterocyclic Carbene Chelate Complexes
- 4)Interplay of Linker, N-Substituent, and Counterion Effects in the Formation and Geometrical Distortion of N-Heterocyclic Biscarbene Complexes of Rhodium(I)
- 5)Bis-NHC Chelate Complexes of Nickel(0) and Platinum(0)
- 6)A Chelating N-Heterocyclic Carbene Ligand in Organochromium Chemistry