CAS RN: 599-79-1 | Product Number: S0580
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
|Purity / Analysis Method||>95.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__8H__1__4N__4O__5S = 398.39|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||356241|
|PubChem Substance ID||87560165|
|Merck Index (14)||8942|
|Appearance||Light yellow to Amber to Dark green powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 95.0 area%|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 95.0 %|
|Melting Point||246 °C(dec.)|
|Solubility in water||Insoluble|
|Solubility (slightly sol. in)||Alcohol|
|Solubility (insoluble in)||Chloroform,Ether,Benzene|
|Hazard Statements||H351 : Suspected of causing cancer.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P202 : Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
P201 : Obtain special instructions before use.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
P308 + P313 : IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention.
P405 : Store locked up.
Recently, the antitumor effects of sulfasalazine have attracted attention. CD44v is an adhesion molecule expressed in cancer stem-like cells. CD44v interacts with xCT, a glutamate-cysteine transporter, keeping high levels of the intracellular reduced glutathione (GSH) which an important antioxidant and stabilizer in cell. Sulfasalazine works as an xCT inhibitor, and suppresses CD44v-dependent tumor growth and increases sensitivity to cytotoxic drugs. (The product is for research purpose only.)
- An experiment to determine the active therapeutic moiety of sulphasalazine
- Role of prostaglandins in ulcerative colitis. Enhanced production during active disease and inhibition by sulfasalazin
- The anti-inflammatory mechanism of sulfasalazine is related to adenosine release at inflamed sites
- Salicylates for ulcerative colitis - their mode of action (a review)
- Sulfasalazine: a potent and specific inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa B
- Suppression of NF-κB activity by sulfasalazine is mediated by direct inhibition of IκB kinases α and β
- Sulfasalazine, a potent suppressor of lymphoma growth by inhibition of the x-c cystine transporter: A new action for an old drug
- xCT Inhibition Depletes CD44v-Expressing Tumor Cells That Are Resistant to EGFR-Targeted Therapy in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.