CAS RN: 599-79-1 | Product Number: S0580
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
|Purity / Analysis Method||>95.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__8H__1__4N__4O__5S = 398.39|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||356241|
|PubChem Substance ID||87560165|
|Merck Index (14)||8942|
|Appearance||Light yellow to Amber to Dark green powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 95.0 area%|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 95.0 %|
|Melting Point||246 °C(dec.)|
|Solubility in water||Insoluble|
|Solubility (slightly sol. in)||Alcohol|
|Solubility (insoluble in)||Ether,Benzene,Chloroform|
|Hazard Statements||H351 : Suspected of causing cancer.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P202 : Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
P201 : Obtain special instructions before use.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
P308 + P313 : IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention.
P405 : Store locked up.
Recently, the antitumor effects of sulfasalazine have attracted attention. CD44v is an adhesion molecule expressed in cancer stem-like cells. CD44v interacts with xCT, a glutamate-cysteine transporter, keeping high levels of the intracellular reduced glutathione (GSH) which an important antioxidant and stabilizer in cell. Sulfasalazine works as an xCT inhibitor, and suppresses CD44v-dependent tumor growth and increases sensitivity to cytotoxic drugs. (The product is for research purpose only.)
- An experiment to determine the active therapeutic moiety of sulphasalazine
- Role of prostaglandins in ulcerative colitis. Enhanced production during active disease and inhibition by sulfasalazin
- The anti-inflammatory mechanism of sulfasalazine is related to adenosine release at inflamed sites
- Salicylates for ulcerative colitis - their mode of action (a review)
- Sulfasalazine: a potent and specific inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa B
- Suppression of NF-κB activity by sulfasalazine is mediated by direct inhibition of IκB kinases α and β
- Sulfasalazine, a potent suppressor of lymphoma growth by inhibition of the x-c cystine transporter: A new action for an old drug
- xCT Inhibition Depletes CD44v-Expressing Tumor Cells That Are Resistant to EGFR-Targeted Therapy in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.