CAS RN: 56-75-7 | Product Number: C2255
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__1H__1__2Cl__2N__2O__5 = 323.13|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||2225532|
|PubChem Substance ID||87560304|
|Merck Index (14)||2077|
|Appearance||White to Orange to Green powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Argentmetric Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting point||149.0 to 153.0 °C|
|Specific rotation [a]20/D||+17.0 to +20.0 deg(C=5, EtOH)|
|Melting Point||151 °C|
|Specific Rotation||20° (C=5,EtOH)|
|Solubility in water||Practically insoluble|
|Solubility (very soluble in)||Acetone,Methanol,Ethanol|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Chloroform,Ether|
|Solubility (insoluble in)||Benzene|
|Hazard Statements||H361 : Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child.
H372 : Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
H373 : May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
H340 : May cause genetic defects.
H350 : May cause cancer.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P260 : Do not breathe dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapours/ spray.
P202 : Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
P201 : Obtain special instructions before use.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
P308 + P313 : IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention.
- Chloramphenicol: Relation of Structure to Activity and Toxicity (a review)
- Structural basis for the interaction of antibiotics with the peptidyl transferase center in eubacteria
- Molecular basis of bacterial resistance to chloramphenicol and florfenicol (a review)
- High-copy-number and low-copy-number plasmid vectors for lacZ α-complementation and chloramphenicol- or kanamycin-resistance selection
- A comparative study on the inhibitory actions of chloramphenicol, thiamphenicol and some fluorinated derivatives
- Identification of 113 conserved essential genes using a high-throughput gene disruption system in Streptococcus pneumoniae
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.