CAS RN: 39809-25-1 | Product Number: P2164
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
This product is a sample for RUO (research use only). Do not use this product for any purpose other than testing and research.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__0H__1__5N__5O__3 = 253.26|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Heat Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||4501039|
|PubChem Substance ID||253662013|
|Merck Index (14)||7083|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting Point||278 °C|
|Maximum Absorption Wavelength||253(H2O) nm|
|Solubility in water||Practically insoluble|
|Degree of solubility in water||1.7 g/l 20 °C|
- Antiherpesvirus activity of 9-(4-hydroxy-3-hydroxymethylbut-1-yl)guanine (BRL 39123) in cell culture
- Mode of antiviral action of penciclovir in MRC-5 cells infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), HSV-2, and varicella-zoster virus
- Antiviral portraits series. Number 3. Famciclovir and penciclovir. The mode of action of famciclovir including its conversion to penciclovir (a review)
- R. A. Vere Hodge, Antiviral Chem. Chemother. 1993, 4, 67.
- Penciclovir: a review of its spectrum of activity, selectivity, and cross-resistance pattern (a review)
- M. R. Boyd, S. Safrin, E. R. Kern, Antiviral Chem. Chemother. 1993, 4, 3.
- The mode of action of penciclovir (a review)
- R. A. Vere Hodge, Y, C. Cheng, Antiviral Chem. Chemother. 1993, 4, 13.
- Resistance of herpes simplex viruses to nucleoside analogues: mechanisms, prevalence, and management
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.