CAS RN: 57-24-9 | Product Number: S0249
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__2__1H__2__2N__2O__2 = 334.42|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Reaxys Registry Number||52979|
|PubChem Substance ID||87575778|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||7596|
|Merck Index (14)||8855|
|Appearance||White to Light yellow powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Specific rotation [a]20/D||-100 to -108 deg(C=0.25, EtOH)|
|Solubility in Acetic acid||almost transparency|
|Specific Rotation||-108° (C=0.25,EtOH)|
|Solubility in water||Insoluble|
|Degree of solubility in water||160 mg/l 25 °C|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Chloroform|
|Solubility (slightly sol. in)||Acetone|
|Solubility (very slightly)||Methanol,Benzene,Ether,Ethanol|
|Hazard Statements||H300 + H310 : Fatal if swallowed or in contact with skin.
H370 : Causes damage to organs.
H372 : Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
H410 : Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
|Precautionary Statements||P273 : Avoid release to the environment.
P260 : Do not breathe dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapours/ spray.
P262 : Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing.
P391 : Collect spillage.
P308 + P311 : IF exposed or concerned: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
P301 + P310 + P330 : IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Rinse mouth.
P302 + P352 + P310 : IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
- Voltage clamp study of cat spinal motoneurons during strychnine-induced seizures
- Prevention of strychnine-induced seizures and death by the N-methylated glycine derivatives betaine, dimethylglycine and sarcosine
- Influence of levodopa, apomorphine and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylserine (DOPS) on strychnine-induced seizures in mice
- Glycine potentiates strychnine-induced convulsions: role of NMDA receptors
- Strychnine-induced seizures in mice: the role of noradrenaline
- Effects of MK-801 (dizocilpine) and ketamine on strychnine-induced convulsions in rats: comparison with benzodiazepines and standard anticonvulsants
- H. Kubová, P. Mares, Physiol. Res. 1994, 43, 313.
- L-NAME inhibits pentylenetetrazole and strychnine-induced seizures in mice
- Effect of bis(acetato)tetrakis(imidazole) copper(II) in delaying the onset and reducing the mortality rate of strychnine- and thiosemicarbazide- induced convulsions
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.