CAS RN: 1643-19-2 | Product Number: T0054
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__6H__3__6BrN = 322.38|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Hygroscopic|
|Reaxys Registry Number||3570983|
|PubChem Substance ID||87576073|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||3131|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystaline|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Drying loss||max. 1.0 %|
|pH||3.5 to 7.0 (50 g/L, 25 deg-C)|
|Solubility in Water||almost transparency|
|Tributylamine hydrobromide||max. 1.0 %|
|Melting Point||103 °C|
|Solubility in water||Soluble|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Alcohol|
|Hazard Statements||H302 : Harmful if swallowed.
H315 : Causes skin irritation.
H319 : Causes serious eye irritation.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P270 : Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ eye protection/ face protection.
P337 + P313 : If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
P301 + P312 + P330 : IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth.
- Efficient O-Trimethylsilylation of Alcohols and Phenols with Trimethylsilyl Azide Catalyzed by Tetrabutylammonium Bromide under Neat Conditions
- Protection for the Hydroxyl Group, Including 1,2- and 1,3-Diols
- P. G. M. Wuts, in Greene’s Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis, 5th ed., ed. by P. G. M. Wuts, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2014, Chap. 2, 17.
To a mixture of tetrabutylammonium bromide (1.5 eq.), 4Å molecular sieves and the appropriate fused pyridine N-oxide is added CH2Cl2 (0.01M) and the mixture is stirred at room temperature for 10 min. p-Toluenesulfonic anhydride (1.5 eq.) is added and the reaction is stirred at room temperature overnight. The reaction mixture is filtered and concentrated under reduced pressure. The crude product is purified by flash column chromatography using hexanes/CH2Cl2 and hexanes/EtOAc solvent mixtures.
- S. E. Wengryniuk, A. Weickgenannt, C. Reiher, N. A. Strotman, K. Chen, M. D. Eastgate, P. S. Baran, Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 792.
- 1)L. C. McCann, H. N. Hunter, J. A. C. Clyburne, M. G. Organ, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 7024.
- 2)I. S. MacIntosh, C. N. Sherren, K. N. Robertson, J. D. Masuda, C. C. Pye, J. A. C. Clyburne, Organometallics 2010, 29, 2063.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.