CAS RN: 89889-52-1 | Product Number: B6096
*Stock available in Belgium will be delivered in 1 to 3 days
*Stock available in Japan will be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks (excludes regulated items and dry ice shipments).
Volume/Quantity : 2 mg x 5
Molecular weight : 567.7
N-Hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) esters of biotin are commonly used as biotinylation reagents. B6096, Biotin-LC-LC-NHS reacts with the primary amines (-NH2) in buffers with pH between 7 and 9. The product is supplied in quantities suitable for biotinylation of up to 30 mg of antibodies.
This product should be stored at -20 ºC. Do not store at stock solution.
B6097 Biotin-PEG2-NHS (2mg×5)
S0883 Sulfo-SMCC Sodium Salt
H1621 Horseradish Peroxidase Maleimide Conjugate (0.5mg×3)
B5944 BSA Maleimide Conjugate (1mg×3)
T3531 Streptavidin Maleimide Conjugate
S0951 Streptavidin from Streptomyces avidinii
S0966 Streptavidin FITC Conjugate
S0972 Streptavidin HRP Conjugate
S0993 Streptavidin DTBTA-Eu3+ Conjugate
Directions for Use
Use of a 10 mM Biotin-LC-LC-NHS solution is recommended. In order to efficiently biotinylate a sample, Biotin-LC-LC-NHS should be used at a 15-fold molar excess over the amount of amine-containing protein. Make sure to calculate the 10 mM biotin solution amount to be used with respect to the molar value of the sample (see example below).
* Do not store reagent in solution.
Calculate A uL of 10 mM biotinylation reagent solution :
For 2mg IgG (150,000 M.W.)
2 [mg IgG] x 10-3 [g/mg] x 1/150,000 [mol/g] x 15 [fold]
= A [uL of 10 mM B6096 solution] x 10-6 [L/uL] x 10 [mmol/L] x 10-3 [mol/mmol]
A = 20 [uL of 10 mM B6096 solution]
1. Bring Biotin-LC-LC-NHS (Product No. B6096) to room temperature.
2. Dissolve 2 mg of Biotin-LC-LC-NHS (Product No. B6096) in 350uL of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) or dimethylformamide (DMF) and prepare a 10 mM solution of Biotin-LC-LC-NHS.
3. Dissolve the sample (1-10 mg/mL) in an amine-free buffer with pH between 7 and 9 such as PBS. Do not use buffers containing amines such as Tris.
4. Add A uL of 10 mM Biotin-LC-LC-NHS solution to the sample solution.
5. Incubate the mixed solution for 30 min at room temperature.
6. Remove unreacted and hydrolyzed reagent using desalting column or dialysis methods according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__2__6H__4__1N__5O__7S = 567.7|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Moisture Sensitive,Heat Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||8377428|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystal|
|Functionality test||to pass test|
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Search
The requested SDS is not available.
Please check that the Product Number you have entered is correct.
If your information is correct and you are still not able to view the requested SDS, please Contact Us for more information.