Versatile Reagent for Sulfoximidation
Dimethylsulfoximine (1) is a building block for the synthesis of sulfoximines and utilized in various types of sulfoximidation reactions. The installing method includes such as SN2 reaction,1) nucleophilic attack for carbonyl groups1,4) and cross-coupling reactions,2,3) and result the target compounds in high yields in each conditions. Furthermore, this functional group can be installed in the late stage of the synthesis during the C-H activation reaction.5) It is further anticipated that 1 can be used in medicinal chemistry and development of agrochemicals because of its abundant variation of reaction styles.
- 1) General synthetic strategies towards N-alkyl sulfoximine building blocks for medicinal chemistry and the use of dimethylsulfoximine as a versatile precursor
- 2) N-Arylated Sulfoximines as Cross-Coupling Building Blocks
- 3) Copper-Catalyzed Oxidative Cross-Coupling of Sulfoximines and Alkynes
- 4) Sulfoximines from a Medicinal Chemist's Perspective: Physicochemical and in vitro Parameters Relevant for Drug Discovery
- 5) Late-Stage Sulfoximidation of Electron-Rich Arenes by Photoredox Catalysis