CAS RN: | Product Number: R0195
Resazurin (Ready-to-use solution) [for Cell proliferation assay]
|Size||Unit Price||Same Day||2-3 Business Days|
Volume: 25 mL
Product Form: Ready-to-use solution
Resazurin can be used quantitatively determine cell proliferation, viability, and cytotoxicity. Resazurin, when added to viable cells, is reduced by the cellular enzymatic or chemical reactions converting blue/non-fluorescent resazurin to highly fluorescent resorufin.
The assay is simple to perform since the indicator is water-soluble and has low toxicity, thus eliminating the washing/fixing and extraction steps required in other commonly used cell proliferation assays.
Direction for Use
Resazurin may be added at any time point during the culture period. For measurement of cell proliferation, it is best to add resazurin during the log phase of growth.
1. In a sterile work area, add resazurin ready-to-use solution at a volume equal to 10% of the cell culture media volume.
2. Return cells to the incubator and continue the incubation for 2-24 hours*.
*Incubation times may vary depending on the metabolic rates of the cell lines being tested.
3. Measure the fluorescent intensity using 540-570 nm excitation and 590 nm emission wavelengths. Absorbance can be measured using a spectrophotometer set at 570 nm.
The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt the product should be stored at 4 °C, protected from light, and used within 6 months. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
A2412 2-(4-Amidinophenyl)indole-6-carboxamidine Dihydrochloride [for Biochemical Research]
H1343 2'-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-5-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-2,5'-bibenzimidazole Trihydrochloride Hydrate [for Biochemical Research]
T0556 Direct Blue 14 (Trypan Blue)
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Liquid|
|Condition to Avoid||Heat Sensitive|
|Appearance||Blue to Purple clear liquid|
|Correlation between fluorescence and cell number||to pass test|
- A new rapid and simple non-radioactive assay to monitor and determine the proliferation of lymphocytes: an alternative to [3H]thymidine incorporation assay
- Quantification of mitogen induced human lymphocyte proliferation: comparison of alamarBlue assay to 3H-thymidine incorporation assay
- Investigation of the Alamar Blue (resazurin) fluorescent dye for the assessment of mammalian cell cytotoxicity
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.