CAS RN: 57-88-5 | Product Number: C3624
Cholesterol (>99%) (stabilized with α-Tocopherol)
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>99.0%(GC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__2__7H__4__6O = 386.66|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive,Air Sensitive,Moisture Sensitive,Heat Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||2060565|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||887|
|Merck Index (14)||2201|
|Appearance||White powder to crystal|
|Purity(GC)||min. 99.0 %|
|Melting point||148.0 to 151.0 °C|
|Specific rotation [a]20/D||-34.0 to -39.5 deg(C=2, Dioxane)|
|Drying loss||max. 0.2 %|
|Melting Point||150 °C|
|Boiling Point||360 °C|
|Maximum Absorption Wavelength||212(Hexane) nm|
|Solubility in water||Insoluble|
|Degree of solubility in water||0.095 mg/l 30 °C|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Benzene|
|Hazard Statements||H413 : May cause long lasting harmful effects to aquatic life.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P273 : Avoid release to the environment.
- Functional rafts in cell membranes (a review)
- How cells handle cholesterol (a review)
- Lipid rafts and signal transduction (a review)
- Lipid rafts as a membrane-organizing principle (a review)
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested Analytical Chart is not available.