CAS RN: 1660-93-1 | Product Number: T0847
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Appearance||White to Light yellow powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Solubility in hot Methanol||almost transparency|
- 4-Biphenylboronic Acid (contains varying amounts of Anhydride) [B2294]
- Nickel(II) Bromide Ethylene Glycol Dimethyl Ether Complex (=NiBr2(glyme)) [N1050]
- 3,4,7,8-Tetramethyl-1,10-phenanthroline (= tmphen) [T0847]
- Bis(sulfur Dioxide)-1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane Adduct (= DABSO) [B3960]
- Lithium tert-Butoxide (= LiOtBu)
- tert-Butyl Bromoacetate [B1473]
- 1,3-Dimethyl-2-imidazolidinone (= DMI) [D1477]
Under nitrogen atmosphere, a degassed DMI (20 mL) solution of 4-biphenylboronic acid (792 mg, 4.00 mmol), DABSO (577 mg, 2.40 mmol), tmphen (95 mg, 0.40 mmol), lithium tert-butoxide (320 mg, 4.00 mmol) and NiBr2(glyme) (123 mg, 0.40 mmol) was stirred at 100 °C for 14 hours. The mixture was cooled to room temperature and tert-butyl bromoacetate (1.17 mL, 8.00 mmol) was added and the reaction mixture stirred for 1 hour. Water (20 mL) was poured into the reaction mixture and the mixture was extracted with diethyl ether (50 mL x 3). The combined organic phase was washed with water (50 mL) and brine (40 mL), dried over sodium sulfate and filtered. The solvent was removed under reduced pressure and the residue was purified by medium pressure preparative chromatography (ethyl acetate:hexane = 5:95 - 15:85 on silica gel) to give compound 1 as a white solid (1.01 g, 76%).
NiBr2(glyme) and LiOtBu were weighed into a sample tube in a glove box because these reagents are moisture sensitive. If these were used in air, it should be weighted quickly and used up the reagents as soon as possible after opening.
Since the ligand of NiBr2(glyme) may be desorbed under reduced pressure, depressurization operations is desirable to be finished as soon as possible.
The reaction mixture was monitored by TLC (ethyl acetate:hexane = 2:1, Rf = 0.38) and UPLC-MS.
1H NMR (400 MHz, CDCl3); δ 8.00 (d, 2H, J = 8.9 Hz), 7.78 (m, 2H), 7.58–7.66 (m, 2H), 7.42-7.54 (m, 3H), 4.08 (s, 2H), 1.58 (s, 2H), 1.39 (s, 9H).
- Nickel(II)-Catalyzed Synthesis of Sulfinates from Aryl and Heteroaryl Boronic Acids and the Sulfur Dioxide Surrogate DABSO
[Research Articles] Catalytic Decarboxylative Cross-Coupling of Aryl Chlorides and Benzoates
[Research Articles] Catalytic Functionalization of Un-activated Primary C-H Bonds
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.