Home > Products
Animal Tissue-Clearing Reagents"CUBIC"
*CUBIC reagents are commercialized under invention licenses by RIKEN, Japan.
Both of CUBIC-L (Product Number: T3740) and CUBIC-R+ (Product Number: T3741) are required for tissue-clearing.
Please use a combination with CUBIC-HL (Product Number: T3781), CUBIC-B (Product Number: T3780), CUBIC-P (Product Number: T3782) according to your samples.
• Whole-body clearing is achieved using two reagents, CUBIC-L (for delipidation and decoloring) and CUBIC-R+ (for RI matching).
• These products can easily clear tissues, such as bones or highly fatty tissues, which were previously difficult to clear. (CUBIC-B (for bone), CUBIC-HL (for highly fatty tissues))
• CUBIC-P for mouse perfusion efficiently aids perfusion fixation.
• Preserve the fluorescent protein signals.
• The period of sample treatment is shorter.
• The combination with light-sheet fluorescent microscopy (LSFM) or confocal laser-scanning microscopy (CLSM) enables the whole-organ / body imaging at a cellular resolution.
Example : Mouse whole-body clearing
Figure 1. Whole-body clearing (Left), Whole-body clearing with propidium iodide staining (Right)
1) nuclear staining by propidium iodide (PI)
Example : Mouse whole-organ clearing
Figure 2. Whole-brain clearing (Left),
Whole-brain clearing with RedDot 2 staining and immunostaining (Right)
Example : immunostaining
Example : The efficient clearing of adult mouse (more than 6-week-old) whole-body or organ samples
Example : The clearing of mouse body or tissues including bone
Example : The clearing of human brain tissue large blocks
Example : The clearing of aggressive human tissue
Brochure with protocols and Q&A
- Chemical Landscape for Tissue Clearing based on Hydrophilic Reagents
- K. Tainaka, T. C. Murakami, E. A. Susaki, C. Shimizu, R. Saito, K. Takahashi, A. Hayashi-Takagi, H. Sekiya, Y. Arima, S. Nojima, M. Ikemura, T. Ushiku, Y. Shimizu, M. Murakami, K. F. Tanaka, M. Iino, H. Kasai, T. Sasaoka, K. Kobayashi, K. Miyazono, E. Morii, T. Isa, M. Fukayama, A. Kakita, H. R. Ueda, Cell Reports in press.
- Whole-Body Prof iling of Cancer Metastasis with Single-Cell Resolution
- Whole-Brain Imaging with Single-Cell Resolution Using Chemical Cocktails and Computational Analysis
- Whole-Body Imaging with Single-Cell Resolution by Tissue Decolorization
- A three-dimensional single-cell-resolution whole-brain atlas using CUBIC-X expansion microscopy and tissue clearing