Welcome to TCI’s New Website!
Before you can place your first order on our new site, you’ll need to reset your password. Go to the Sign In page and select “Forgot your password?” to get started.
Perovskite Solar Cell (PSC) Materials
A perovskite solar cell, that was first reported by Miyasaka et al. in 2009, has recently received much attention.1) The organic-inorganic perovskite, RNH3PbX3 (X = Cl, Br, I), can function as a light absorption layer. Power conversion efficiency (PCE) of the perovskite solar cell is getting >15%, better than those of OPV and DSSC.2,3) A device of the perovskite solar cell is solution-processible enabling fabrication at low cost. The organic-inorganic perovskites RNH3PbX3 are easily prepared from HX salts of organic amines and lead halides. A modification of the halide X in the (MeNH3)PbX3 can control the range of absorption wavelength. The perovskite compound with X = Br is useful for light absorption in shorter wavelengths and the compound with X = I is relatively useful for that in longer wavelengths. Wakamiya et al. reported that use of highly dried lead(II) iodide [L0279] is a key to fabricate efficient perovskite solar cell devices (PCE > 10%) with high reproducibility.4,5)
- 1) A. Kojima, K. Teshima, Y. Shirai, T. Miyasaka, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 6050.
- 2) J. Burschka, N. Pellet, S.-J. Moon, R. Humphry-Baker, P. Gao, M. K. Nazeeruddin, M. Grätzel, Nature 2013, 499, 316.
- 3) M. Liu, M. B. Johnston, H. J. Snaith, Nature 2013, 501, 395.
- 4) A. Wakamiya, M. Endo, T. Sasamori, N. Tokitoh, Y. Ogomi, S. Hayase, Y. Murata, Chem. Lett. 2014, 43, 711.
- 5) Y. Yamada, T. Nakamura, M. Endo, A. Wakamiya, Y. Kanemitsu, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 11610.