CAS RN: 18306-29-1 | Product Number: B1245
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__6H__1__8O__4SSi__2 = 242.44|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Moisture Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||1781429|
|PubChem Substance ID||87564181|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||21636|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystal|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting Point||46 °C|
|Boiling Point||90 °C/4 mmHg|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Benzene|
|Hazard Statements||H314 : Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
H228 : Flammable solid.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P260 : Do not breathe dusts or mists.
P240 : Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
P210 : Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. No smoking.
P241 : Use explosion-proof electrical/ ventilating/ lighting/ equipment.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
P370 + P378 : In case of fire: Use dry sand, dry chemical or alcohol-resistant foam to extinguish.
P303 + P361 + P353 : IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower.
P301 + P330 + P331 : IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
P363 : Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
P304 + P340 + P310 : IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
P305 + P351 + P338 + P310 : IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
P405 : Store locked up.
|UN Number (DOT-AIR)||UN2925|
|Packing Group (TCI-A)||III|
- Protection for the Hydroxyl Group, Including 1,2- and 1,3-Diols
- P. G. M. Wuts, in Greene’s Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis, 5th ed., ed. by P. G. M. Wuts, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2014, Chap. 2, 17.
- Y. Morizawa, T. Hiyama, H. Nozaki, Tetrahedron Lett. 1981, 22, 2297.
- Y. Morizawa, I. Mori, T. Hiyama, H. Nozaki, Synthesis 1981, 899.
- W. Kantlehner, E. Haug, W. W. Mergen, Synthesis 1980, 460.
- M. G. Voronkov, V. K. Roman, E. A. Maletina, ibid. 1982, 277.
- P. Bourgeois, N. Duffaut, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr. 1980, II-195.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.