CAS RN: 485-49-4 | Product Number: B1890
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__2__0H__1__7NO__6 = 367.36|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Air Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||98786|
|PubChem Substance ID||125308663|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||16661|
|Merck Index (14)||1203|
|Appearance||White to Yellow to Orange powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting point||195.0 to 199.0 °C|
|Specific rotation [a]20/D||+127.0 to +132.0 deg(C=1, CHCl3)|
|Melting Point||197 °C|
|Specific Rotation||132° (C=1,CHCl3)|
|Maximum Absorption Wavelength||325 nm|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Benzene|
|Solubility (slightly sol. in)||Chloroform|
|Solubility (very slightly)||Alcohol,Ether|
|Hazard Statements||H301 + H311 + H331 : Toxic if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled.
H401 : Toxic to aquatic life.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P261 : Avoid breathing dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapors/ spray.
P273 : Avoid release to the environment.
P270 : Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
P271 : Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing.
P362 : Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
P301 + P310 + P330 : IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Rinse mouth.
P302 + P352 + P312 : IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water.Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell.
P304 + P340 + P311 : IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
P403 + P233 : Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
P405 : Store locked up.
|UN Number (DOT-AIR)||UN1544|
|Packing Group (TCI-A)||III|
- Effects of carbamazepine on bicuculline- and pentylenetetrazol-induced seizures in developing rats
- Diazepam prophylaxis for bicuculline-induced seizures: a rat dose-response model
- Pathogenesis of brain lesions caused by experimental epilepsy. Light- and electron-microscopic changes in the rat cerebral cortex following bicuculline-induced status epilepticus
- Local perfusion of diazepam attenuates interictal and ictal events in the bicuculline model of epilepsy in rats
- Cannabinoid suppressed bicuculline-induced convulsion without respiratory depression in the brainstem-spinal cord preparation from newborn rats
Bicuculline (1) is a phthalide isoquinoline alkaloid isolated from a variety of plants, Dicentra, Corydalis, and Adlumia, genera of the Fumariaceae family. GABAA receptors are selectively blocked by 1.1-3) Affinity of 1 and the receptors have been studied by using mutational forms of recombinant receptor proteins.3) 1 and its quaternary salts also have actions other than as GABA-receptor antagonists including inhibition of cholinesterase, effects on 5-HT3, nicotinic, and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors.2,3)
- 1)The ‘ABC’ of GABA receptors: a brief review
- 2)Herbal products and GABA receptors
- 3)Advantages of an antagonist: bicuculline and other GABA antagonists
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.