Register for an account today for easy order tracking, quick service, and free shipping on orders over $75!
CAS RN: 35607-66-0 | Product Number: C3598
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__6H__1__7N__3O__7S__2 = 427.45|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Heat Sensitive|
|Packaging and Container||1G-Glass Bottle with Plastic Insert (View image)|
|Reaxys Registry Number||4216947|
|PubChem Substance ID||468591185|
|Merck Index (14)||1936|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 95.0 %|
|Melting Point||127 °C(dec.)|
|Solubility in water||Practically insoluble|
|Solubility (very soluble in)||Acetone|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Dimethylformamide|
|Solubility (insoluble in)||Chloroform,Ether|
- 1) Cefoxitin, a semi-synthetic cephamycin: a microbiological overview (a review)
- 2) Cefoxitin and cephamycins: microbiological studies (a review)
- 3) Cefoxitin: a review of its antibacterial activity, pharmacological properties and therapeutic use
- 4) Evaluation of three techniques for detection of low-level methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): a disk diffusion method with cefoxitin and moxalactam, the Vitek 2 system, and the MRSA-screen latex agglutination test
- 5) Results of disk diffusion testing with cefoxitin correlate with presence of mecA in Staphylococcus spp.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.