CAS RN: 1115-70-4 | Product Number: M2009
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__4H__1__1N__5·HCl = 165.63|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Hygroscopic|
|Related CAS RN||657-24-9|
|Reaxys Registry Number||3626131|
|PubChem Substance ID||160871506|
|Merck Index (14)||5938|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting point||219.0 to 223.0 °C|
|Melting Point||221 °C|
|Maximum Absorption Wavelength||233(H2O) nm|
|Solubility in water||Completely soluble|
|Solubility (very slightly)||Ethanol|
|Hazard Statements||H302 : Harmful if swallowed.
H320 : Causes eye irritation.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P270 : Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P337 + P313 : If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
P305 + P351 + P338 : IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P301 + P312 + P330 : IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth.
- Role of AMP-activated protein kinase in mechanism of metformin action
- Metformin Increases AMP-Activated Protein Kinase Activity in Skeletal Muscle of Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes
- The anti-diabetic drugs rosiglitazone and metformin stimulate AMP-activated protein kinase through distinct signaling pathways
- The antidiabetic drug metformin activates the AMP-activated protein kinase cascade via an adenine nucleotide-independent mechanism
- AMP-activated Protein Kinase is Required for the Lipid-lowering Effect of Metformin in Insulin-resistant Human HepG2 Cells
- The Kinase LKB1 Mediates Glucose Homeostasis in Liver and Therapeutic Effects of Metformin
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of metformin: an overview
- The development and validation of liquid chromatography method for the simultaneous determination of metformin and glipizide, gliclazide, glibenclamide, or glimperide in plasma
- M. D. Fullerton, S. Galic, K. Marcinko, S. Sikkema, T. Pulinilkunnil, Z.-P. Chen, H. M. O'Neill, R. J. Ford, R. Palanivel, M. O'Brien, D. G. Hardie, S. L. Macaulay, J. D. Schertzer, J. R. B. Dyck, B. J. van Denderen, B. E. Kemp, G. R. Steinberg, Nat. Med. 2013, 19,1649.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested Analytical Chart is not available.