CAS RN: 298-93-1 | Product Number: M3297
MTT [for Biochemical Research]
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>97.0%(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__8H__1__6BrN__5S = 414.33|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Store Under Inert Gas||Store under inert gas|
|Condition to Avoid||Light Sensitive,Hygroscopic|
|Reaxys Registry Number||3825277|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||10829|
|Appearance||Light yellow to Brown powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 97.0 area%|
|Purity(Nonaqueous Titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Functionality test||to pass test (by Abs method)|
|Sensitiveness||Colorimetric Test : Turn Red purple with 35ppm D-Glucose|
|Melting Point||195 °C(dec.)|
|Maximum Absorption Wavelength||380(H2O) nm|
|Solubility in water||Slightly soluble|
|Degree of solubility in water||10,000 mg/l|
|Solubility (slightly sol. in)||Ethanol|
|Hazard Statements||H315 : Causes skin irritation.
H319 : Causes serious eye irritation.
H341 : Suspected of causing genetic defects.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P202 : Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
P201 : Obtain special instructions before use.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.
P308 + P313 : IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/ attention.
P337 + P313 : If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
P305 + P351 + P338 : IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P302 + P352 : IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
P332 + P313 : If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/ attention.
P362 : Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
P405 : Store locked up.
- 1) Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: Application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- 2) Mechanism of cellular 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) reduction
- 3) Tetrazolium dyes as tools in cell biology: new insights into their cellular reduction (a review)
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested Analytical Chart is not available.