CAS RN: 79-20-9 | Product Number: S0300
Methyl Acetate [Standard Material for GC]
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Appearance||Colorless clear liquid|
|Purity(GC)||min. 99.5 %|
|Boiling Point||57 °C|
|Flash point||-16 °C|
|Specific Gravity (20/20)||0.94|
|Solubility in water||Soluble|
|Degree of solubility in water||240 g/l 20 °C|
|Solubility (miscible with)||Alcohol,Ether|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Benzene,Acetone,Chloroform|
|Hazard Statements||H320 : Causes eye irritation.
H370 : Causes damage to organs.
H335 : May cause respiratory irritation.
H225 : Highly flammable liquid and vapor.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P260 : Do not breathe dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapors/ spray.
P270 : Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
P240 : Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
P210 : Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. No smoking.
P233 : Keep container tightly closed.
P243 : Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
P241 : Use explosion-proof electrical/ ventilating/ lighting/ equipment.
P242 : Use only non-sparking tools.
P271 : Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ eye protection/ face protection.
P370 + P378 : In case of fire: Use dry sand, dry chemical or alcohol-resistant foam to extinguish.
P307 + P311 : IF exposed: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/ physician.
P337 + P313 : If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
P305 + P351 + P338 : IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P303 + P361 + P353 : IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower.
P304 + P340 + P312 : IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell.
P403 + P233 : Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
P403 + P235 : Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.
P405 : Store locked up.
|UN Number (DOT-AIR)||UN1231|
|Packing Group (TCI-A)||II|
- 1)Transesterification/Acylation of Secondary Alcohols Mediated by N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalysts
- 2)Protection for the Hydroxyl Group, Including 1,2- and 1,3-Diols
- P. G. M. Wuts, in Greene’s Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis, 5th ed., ed. by P. G. M. Wuts, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2014, Chap. 2, 17.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.