Register today for easy order tracking, quick service, and free shipping on orders over $75!
Maximum quantity allowed is 999
CAS RN: 97240-79-4 | Product Number: T2755
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__2H__2__1NO__8S = 339.36|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Condition to Avoid||Heat Sensitive|
|Reaxys Registry Number||5988957|
|PubChem Substance ID||125307929|
|Merck Index (14)||9547|
|Appearance||White to Almost white powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)(CAD)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting point||124.0 to 128.0 °C|
|Specific rotation [a]20/D||-29.0 to -33.0 deg(C=1, MeOH)|
|Melting Point||126 °C|
|Specific Rotation||-31° (C=1,MeOH)|
|Solubility (soluble in)||Methanol|
|Hazard Statements||H315 : Causes skin irritation.
H319 : Causes serious eye irritation.
|Precautionary Statements||P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P280 : Wear protective gloves/ eye protection/ face protection.
P337 + P313 : If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.
P305 + P351 + P338 : IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P302 + P352 : IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
P332 + P313 : If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/ attention.
P362 : Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
- Topiramate: Preclinical evaluation of a structurally novel anticonvulsant
- Topiramate enhances GABA-mediated chloride flux and GABA-evoked chloride currents in murine brain neurons and increases seizure threshold
- Topiramate attenuates voltage-gated sodium currents in rat cerebellar granule cells
- Inhibition of transient and persistent Na+ current fractions by the new anticonvulsant topiramate
- S. Taverna, G. Sancini, M. Mantegazza, S. Franceschetti, G. Avanzini, J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1999, 288, 960.
- Two new actions of topiramate: inhibition of depolarizing GABAA-mediated responses and activation of a potassium conductance
- Novel Mechanisms of Action of Three Antiepileptic Drugs, Vigabatrin, Tiagabine, and Topiramate
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.