CAS RN: 7562-61-0 | Product Number: U0023
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
|Purity / Analysis Method||>98.0%(T)(HPLC)|
|Molecular Formula / Molecular Weight||C__1__8H__1__6O__7 = 344.32|
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Solid|
|Reaxys Registry Number||96698|
|PubChem Substance ID||87577753|
|SDBS (AIST Spectral DB)||7871|
|Merck Index (14)||9893|
|Appearance||Light orange to Yellow to Green powder to crystal|
|Purity(HPLC)||min. 98.0 area%|
|Purity(Neutralization titration)||min. 98.0 %|
|Melting point||195.0 to 203.0 °C|
|Specific rotation [a]20/D||+485 to +505 deg(C=0.7, CHCl3)|
|Solubility in Chloroform||almost transparency|
|Melting Point||200 °C|
|Specific Rotation||495° (C=0.7,CHCl3)|
|Hazard Statements||H302 : Harmful if swallowed.
H370 : Causes damage to organs.
|Precautionary Statements||P501 : Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant.
P260 : Do not breathe dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapors/ spray.
P270 : Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
P264 : Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P307 + P311 : IF exposed: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/ physician.
P301 + P312 + P330 : IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth.
P405 : Store locked up.
On the chemical structure, the absolute configuration of (+)-usnic acid at 9b position has determined by X-ray analysis to be R. 2,3,4) Of plausible tautomers, the low energy 1-oxo, 3-hydroxy confirmation is preferred according to calculations.1,2,3) The enolic 3-hydroxy group has the strongest acidic character (pKa 4.4) due to an inductive effect of the keto group.2) Recently, (+)-usnic acid derivatives are used as an organic ligand.5)
- Study of the cytotoxic and antimicrobial activities of usnic acid and derivatives
- E. R. Correche, M. Carrasco, M. E. Escudero, L. Velazquez, A. M. S. De Guzman, F. Giannini, R. D. Enriz, E. A. Jauregui, J. P. Cenal, O. S. Giordano, Fitoterapia 1998, 69, 493.
- Molecules of Interest usnic acid (a review)
- New Results on the Chemistry of Lichen Substances, 4.5.13. Usnic Acid and Related Compounds
- The absolute configurations of (+)-usnic and (+)-isousnic acid. X-ray analyses of the (－)-α-phenylethylamine derivative of (+)-usnic acid and of (－)-pseudoplacodiolic acid, a new dibenzofuran, from the lichen Rhizoplaca chrysoleuca.
- Novel chiral molecular tweezer from (+)-usnic acid
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.