Perovskite Solar Cell (PSC) Materials
A perovskite solar cell, that was first reported by Miyasaka et al. in 2009, has recently received much attention.1) The organic-inorganic perovskite, RNH3PbX3 (X = Cl, Br, I), can function as a light absorption layer. Power conversion efficiency (PCE) of the perovskite solar cell is getting >15%, better than those of OPV and DSSC.2,3) A device of the perovskite solar cell is solution-processible enabling fabrication at low cost. The organic-inorganic perovskites RNH3PbX3 are easily prepared from HX salts of organic amines and lead halides. A modification of the halide X in the (MeNH3)PbX3 can control the range of absorption wavelength. The perovskite compound with X = Br is useful for light absorption in shorter wavelengths and the compound with X = I is relatively useful for that in longer wavelengths. Wakamiya et al. reported that use of highly dried lead(II) iodide [L0279] is a key to fabricate efficient perovskite solar cell devices (PCE > 10%) with high reproducibility.4,5)
- Hole-Selective, Self-Assembled Monolayer (SAM)-Forming Agents Boosting Perovskite Solar Cell Performance
- New Hole Transport Materials for Highly Stable Perovskite Solar Cells: TOP-HTM
- Perovskite Precursor: High Quality Tin (II) Iodide (SnI2)
- Lead Acetate Anhydrous Forming Perovskite under Anhydrous Condition
- Perovskite Precursor for Solar Cell: Purified Lead(II) Iodide
- 1) A. Kojima, K. Teshima, Y. Shirai, T. Miyasaka, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 6050.
- 2) J. Burschka, N. Pellet, S.-J. Moon, R. Humphry-Baker, P. Gao, M. K. Nazeeruddin, M. Grätzel, Nature 2013, 499, 316.
- 3) M. Liu, M. B. Johnston, H. J. Snaith, Nature 2013, 501, 395.
- 4) A. Wakamiya, M. Endo, T. Sasamori, N. Tokitoh, Y. Ogomi, S. Hayase, Y. Murata, Chem. Lett. 2014, 43, 711.
- 5) Y. Yamada, T. Nakamura, M. Endo, A. Wakamiya, Y. Kanemitsu, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 11610.