CAS RN: | Product Number: R0237
rMOA-LecBeads [for Galα(1-3)Gal]
|Size||Unit Price||Philadelphia, PA||Portland, OR||Japan*||Quantity|
* Items in stock locally ship in 1-2 business days. Items from Japan stock are able to ship from a US warehouse within 2 weeks. Please contact TCI for lead times on items not in stock. Excludes regulated items and items that ship on ice.
* To send your quote request for bulk quantities, please click on the "Request Quote" button. Please note that we cannot offer bulk quantities for some products.
*TCI frequently reviews storage conditions to optimize them. Please note that the latest information on the storage temperature for the products is described on our website.
Product code : R0237
Product name : rMOA-LecBeads [for Galα(1-3)Gal]
Preparation : Recombinant MOA is covalently coupled with agarose gel
Quantity : 1 ml gel/2 ml (1:1, v/v slurry) suspended in PBS, pH7.5
Protein concentration : about 10 mg/ml gel
Binding capacity : >10 mg of glycoprotein (Cetuximab) /ml gel
Preservative : 0.02% [w/v] Sodium azide
Stabilizer : None
The rMOA is an Escherichia coli recombinant of carbohydrate-binding protein (Lectin) derived from Marasmius oreades. This lectin preferably binds to a [Galα(1-3)Gal] glycan epitope (It very slightly interacts with melibiose).
The LecBeads is a lectin-immobilized agarose which is capable of capturing glycoproteins via binding to its specific epitope(s), and it is prepared by a covalent coupling method between lectin and agarose.
The Lectin-catch method using LecBeads (as shown in Application tab) is available for selective separation of glycoconjugates (glycoproteins, glycolipids, and so on). This rMOA1a-LecBeads (1 ml gel) shows a binding capacity of about 10 mg or more Cetuximab through its binding to a terminal [Galα(1-3)Gal] glycan epitope on Cetuximab.
Store at 2-10°C. (Avoid freezing).
R0227 Recombinant Marasmius oreades agglutinin (= rMOA) expressed in Escherichia coli
R0232 rMOA-Biotin [for Galα(1-3)Gal]
R0235 rPSL1a-LecBeads [for Siaα(2-6)Gal]
R0236 rLSL-N-LecBeads [for Galβ(1-4)GlcNAc, poly LacNAc
R0238 rSRL-LecBeads [for GlcNAcβ(1-2)Man, Galβ(1-3)GalNAc]
R0239 rGRFT-LecBeads [for Manα(1-2)Man]
A3331 AOL-LecBeads [for Fucα(1-6)/α(1-4)/α(1-3)/α(1-2)]
|Physical State (20 deg.C)||Liquid|
|Condition to Avoid||Heat Sensitive|
|Appearance||White to Almost white clear liquid to cloudy liquid|
|Concentration(Lowry Methoed)||min. 9.0 mg/mL gel|
|Binding capacity||to pass test(min. 10 mg/mL gel, Cetuximab)|
< Preparation >
Binding buffer : PBS pH7.5
Elution buffer : PBS pH7.5 containing 400 mM melibiose [Product code: M0050] and 0.1% triton-X100 [Product code: P1775]
< Method of the lectin-catch > ※Centrifuge method
- Prepare the LecBeads in a new tube.
- Add the Binding buffer into the tube to equilibrate the gel.
- Centrifuge the tube at 800 ×g for 3 min and discard the supernatant. (If necessary, repeat equilibration with the Binding buffer >10-fold volume of the LecBeads appropriately.)
- Concentrate or dilute the glycoprotein sample to moderate concentration (e.g., 1 mg/ml) with the Binding buffer [Input fraction], and apply the prepared sample to the tube in which the LecBeads was preliminary equilibrated.
- Agitate the tube at 4°C (※Generally, a dissociation constants (Kd value) of lectins are tend to be decreased at lower temperature) for a few hours (or overnight).
- Centrifuge the tube at 800 ×g for 3 min and remove the supernatant [Through fraction].
- Wash the LecBeads by 5 (to 10)-fold of the slurry volume with the Binding buffer several times.
- Elute the glycoprotein from the LecBeads by agitation with an appropriate volume of the Elution buffer (e.g. same volume of the LecBeads).
- Agitate the reaction tube at 4°C or R.T. for a few hours (or overnight).
- Centrifuge the tube at 800 ×g for 3 min and remove the supernatant [Elution fraction].
- Check the resulting fractions ([Input fraction] [Through fraction] [Elution fraction]) by protein assay and SDS-PAGE. (In some cases, the repetitive elution step with a small volume of the Elution buffer might improve the elution effect. If necessary, repeat elution steps.)
- The competitive oligosaccharide included in the obtained elution fractions can be removed by ultrafiltration or dialysis using a sufficient amount of buffer.
- Glyco-catch method: A lectin affinity technique for glycoproteomics
- Separation technologies for glycomics
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
The requested SDS is not available.
Please Contact Us for more information.
C of A & Other Certificates
The requested analytical chart is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience.